Careers at SVdP
SVdP provides a number of employment opportunities. For more details on applying to SVdP jobs, visit our employment page.
Thank you in advance for your interest and willingness to share your time and talents with us. We have many volunteer opportunities, ranging from making food boxes at the Atkinson Food Room to supporting our teaching staff at First Place Family Center. Click to button below to get more information.
Donations from the community help us support people in need and raise funds for our charitable programs. We accept a wide variety of clothing, household items, appliances, electronics and more at our donation centers.
St. Vincent de Paul of Lane County (Oregon), with generous support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, created the Cascade Alliance and manages the program. The Cascade Alliance helps nonprofits across the country turn discarded items into a stable revenue stream and source of quality jobs for people with barriers, thereby providing lasting communitywide economic and environmental impacts.
Our accomplishments from 2013-2015:
- 18 Nonprofit organizations mentored
- 15 Reuse/recycling businesses launched
- 150 Full-time, life-stabilizing jobs created for people with barriers
- 130 People with barriers received job training
- 239,292 Mattresses and boxsprings recycled by members
- $481,465 Community savings in avoided trash bills
- $1,015,766 Revenue from members’ book businesses
- 7,193,963 Pounds of materials recovered from waste stream to create jobs and revenue for nonprofit organizations
For organizations seeking more information or mentorship, please click the button below.
Note: We are working to get updated numbers to update our accomplishments – please use these numbers as a placeholder.
In our work in real estate development, renovation and maintenance, and service provision, St. Vincent de Paul periodically contracts with outside vendors in our community. Check back regularly for opportunities to work with us in areas of design, general contracting, specific trades, as well as services.
Request for Proposals: Ross Lane Phase 2 Exterior Rehabilitation (Due Aug. 30, 2023)