Thanks to a partnership with the Lane County Waste Management Division, we are now accepting carpet for recycling.
Carpet is extremely difficult to recycle. Much like mattresses, it must be separated into its component parts before it can be remanufactured into new products. St. Vincent de Paul’s program collects carpet and sends it to a private company on the west coast for recycling.
St. Vincent de Paul will accept carpet ONLY at the Glenwood Transfer Station at 3100 E. 17th Avenue. Winter hours (from October 1 to March 31) are Monday – Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Carpet must meet the following guidelines:
- Rolled, minimum of 4’ x 4’
- Free of tack stripping, metal, wood, garbage
- Dry (slightly damp is fine)
- Carpet padding separated from carpet and rolled
- Off-loaded by customers into correct trailers
As with all materials, St. Vincent de Paul staff reserves the right to reject any materials that do not need our guidelines.