LIFT (Living Independently Following Treatment) provides permanent housing for 18 individuals/families annually. Participants have clinically assessed, co-occurring mental illnesses with addictions and are in recovery having received inpatient treatment. Currently, LIFT is serving eight individuals and ten families.
The Goals of LIFT are to help program participants in three very important aspects of their lives:
- Provide permanent housing
- Provide an environment to maintain a clean and sober lifestyle
- Give the chance to achieve greater levels of self-determination
In order to achieve this, the LIFT Program provides a wide array of support services to address the many barriers to the stability of an individual or family.
These services include:
- Admission into treatment
- Mental health services
- Family or couples counseling
- Financial/budget classes
- Job training
- Utility assistance
- Bus passes and phone services
- Help with drug prescription
- Renter's Rehabilitation program