Home of Your Own Program
Home of Your Own Program Update: January 27, 2017
If you’ve always wanted a home of your own, St. Vincent de Paul may be able to help! We are partnering with Oregon Construction Guys, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the Neighborhood Economic Development Corporation (NEDCO) to help make dreams a reality. This unique partnership is formed to create beautiful architecturally designed homes that are affordable to build and affordable to own.
Participant homebuyer-builders will perform select tasks to gain some “sweat equity” to reduce the cost of the home and obtain low interest loans with payments tailored to fit your budget. St. Vincent de Paul may assist with funding to help further reduce the USDA loan. All of this, along with help from a home builder with years of self-help affordable housing expertise, make this a great opportunity.
- Adjusted annual household income must not exceed 80% of Lane County Median Income per household size. Example: For a household with 4 persons, the adjusted income cannot exceed $46,400 per year.
80% of Lane County Median Income
$32,500 1 $37,150 2 $41,800 3 $46,400 4 $50,150 5 $53,850 6 $57,550 7 $61,250 8
- Complete a Homebuyer Training Course
- The Applicant/Homebuyer must be able to qualify for the primary home loan to purchase the lot and pay for construction.
- Adult participants provide a minimum of 50 hours of ‘sweat equity’ labor for a one adult homebuyer household or a minimum of 100 hours for a two adult homebuyer household and must utilize some volunteer help.
- Own your energy-efficient Home
- Reduce the cost of the home through sweat equity
- Closing Costs Covered
- 100% financing
- Down payment assistance
What should I do now?