Connections Transitional Housing
Helping families break the cycle of homelessness
Connections Transitional Housing helps homeless families transition from repeated episodes of homelessness to stability. Intensive case management, innovative and appropriate services, and affordable housing for up to two years help families break the cycle of homelessness.
Connections helps 36 Oregon families annually.
Since its beginning in 1993, Connections has helped more than 350 families. Four of those have purchased their own homes through St. Vincent de Paul.
Innovative Services include:
- Parent education
- Activity groups for adults and youth
- Financial literacy classes
- Long-term goal setting
- Career coaching
- Links to other St. Vincent de Paul services
- Enrichment groups for adults and children
- Individual development accounts (IDAs)