School Supply Drive To Help Local Kids
For families struggling to pay for rent, utilities and other basic needs, back-to-school can be a very stressful time. Parents are often faced with difficult choices: Do they buy fresh veggies or backpacks? Do the kids get new clothes and shoes, or do they get binders and notebook paper? Where else can they cut back so they can afford calculators, pencils and everything else their eager students need to learn?
Those are choices no one should have to make. That’s why St. Vincent de Paul collects and distributes new school supplies and backpacks to families in need every year.
Here's what you can do to help:
Make a donation to the school supply drive:
- Mail a check to P.O. Box 24608, Eugene, OR 97402. Write "School Supplies" on the memo line.
- Make a donation online
- Visit any St. Vincent de Paul or Oregon Community Credit Union location and purchase your KMTR backpacks.
Donate school supplies at one of the following locations:
- St. Vincent de Paul retail thrift stores
- Oregon Community Credit Union (Springfield locations only)
- Bi-Mart stores in Eugene, Springfield, Junction City, Albany and Florence
- Jerry's Home Improvement stores
- Capella Market in Eugene
- University of Oregon Foundation
- St. Jude Catholic Church
- Pentagon Federal Credit Union
- Walgreens stores in Eugene and Springfield
Items with the highest demand include backpacks, pens and pencils, pink erasers, 1" to 3" binders, notebook paper (wide and college ruled), crayons, glue and glue sticks, rulers, and facial tissue. Download a list of needed supplies>
Thanks for helping us send local kids back to school with big smiles on their faces!
Would your workplace like to host a school supply barrel? Please call Kathy at (541) 743-7147.