School Supplies or Food? Kids Shouldn’t Have to Make That Choice
Author: SVdP staff
Date: Wednesday, July 31 2013
Remember how excited you were to get that fresh box of crayons, or decorate a three-ring binder, or stuff supplies into your brand new backpack that first day of school? A batch of new school supplies signals a fresh beginning to the school year. More importantly, they provide kids with the tools they need to learn throughout the year.
Now imagine your family was struggling to pay for rent, utilities and other basic needs. Compared to food, a new box of pencils might not seem so important. That’s why St. Vincent de Paul provides new school supplies and backpacks to hundreds of local children every year. It’s also why we’re asking for your help today.
Please donate to St. Vincent de Paul’s 2013 School Supply Drive. Our goal is to provide backpacks full of school supplies for every student in our area who needs them. Because of generous donors like you, last year more than 2,300 kids went back to school with all their supplies.
Thank you in advance for helping make this year’s School Supply Drive the best it’s ever been. Your support means a great deal to us and the children we serve.
Here's what you can do to help
Make a donation to the school supply drive:
- Mail a check to St. Vincent de Paul, P.O. Box 24608, Eugene, OR 97402. Write "School Supplies" on the memo line.
- Make a donation online
- Visit any St. Vincent de Paul or Oregon Community Credit Union location to purchase a KEZI sponsored backpack decal.
Donate school supplies at one of the following locations:
- St. Vincent de Paul retail thrift stores
- Oregon Community Credit Union branches
- Bi-Mart stores in Eugene, Springfield, Junction City, Albany and Florence
- University of Oregon Foundation
- St. Jude Catholic Church
- Pentagon Federal Credit Union
- OnPoint Community Credit Union
Items with the highest demand include backpacks, flash drives, pens and #2 pencils, erasers, 1" to 3" binders, notebook paper (wide and college ruled), crayons, glue sticks, rulers, hand sanitizer, and facial tissue.
Thanks for helping us send local kids back to school with big smiles on their faces!
Would your workplace like to host a school supply barrel? Please call Kathy at (541) 743-7147 or Contact Us.